Asian slaw with ginger-peanut dressing.
Asian style slaw with sweet and spicy ginger peanut dressing.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Recipe adapted from- once upon a chef, you can find the original recipe here.
- Cabbage,shredded – 4 cups( use green,red and napa or as desired)
- Carrots,shredded- 2 cups
- Red or yellow bell pepper,thinly sliced- 1 medium
- Spring onions,finely chopped – 2
- Salted peanuts,chopped or whole – 1/2 cup
- Cilantro,chopped – 1/2 cup,loosely packed
For the dressing
- Honey – 1/4 cup
- Vegetable oil – 1/4 cup( i used olive oil)
- Rice ,vinegar – 1/4 cup
- Soy sauce – 1 tbsp
- Sesame oil – 1 tsp
- Peanut butter – 1 tbsp
- Sriracha sauce – 1/2 tsp( i used hot sauce)
- Ginger,minced- 1 tbsp
- Garlic,minced – 1 large clove
- Salt- to taste
- To prepare the dressing, mix together all the ingredients listed under’ For the dressing’ in a glass jar or small mixing bowl.Mix well until combined.Keep aside.
- Add all the ingredients for the salad into a large mixing bowl.Add the dressing and toss well.Set aside for about 10 minutes, serve immediately.
- You can also add sliced broccoli if desired.
- I used homemade peanut butter.You can find the recipe here.
- This recipe is very forgiving so feel free to adapt it to your personal taste.