Easy Pressure Cooker Paneer Butter Masala-Packed full of flavor ,this creamy paneer butter masala can be made in less than 20 minutes.
Easy pressure cooker paneer butter masala
- 300 to 400 gms Paneer,cubed
- 1.5 tbsp Butter
- 1 small Bay leaf
- 1.5 to 2 tsp Kashmiri chili powder ( according to taste)
- 1/4 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Kasuri methi
- 1/2 cup Water ( or as required)
- 2 to 3 tbsp Fresh cream
- 1 tsp Sugar ( see notes)
- Salt To taste
- 1 to 2 tbsp Corinader leaves,chopped
For Masala paste
- 2 cups Tomato,roughly chopped
- 1 cup Onion,roughly chopped
- 4 large cloves Garlic,chopped
- 1 inch piece Ginger,chopped
- 2 Green chilies,chopped
- 1 inch piece Cinnamon
- 3 Cloves
- 3 Cardamom
- 18 to 20 Cashew nuts
- In a blender ,add all the ingredients listed under 'For masala paste' and grind to form a smooth paste.( add 1 or 2 tbsp of water if required)
- Heat butter in a pressure cooker,add the bay leaf and saute for few seconds.Add the prepared masala paste and stir well.Add the paneer,kashmiri chili powder,cumin powder,kasuri methi,sugar ,1/2 cup water, salt to taste.Mix gently until the ingredients are combined.
- Cover the pressure cooker and pressure cook over medium high flame for about 8 to 10 minurtes.Open the lid when the pressure is released completely .
- Add the fresh cream and stir gently.Finally add the chopped coriander leaves and serve with butter nan/chapathi / rice.
- 1 cup=250 ml
- Adjust the quantity of Kashmiri chili powder according to your taste.
- If the curry tastes too sour, add a bit more sugar to balance the taste.
- Click here for more Paneer recipes
- You can find OPOS mutton curry recipe here.To learn more about OPOS(one pot one shot) method visit OPOSchef.