- 3 cups Muringa ila/Moringa leaves ( cleaned)
- 1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
- Curry leaves few
- 1 or 2 Green chili,finely chopped ( according to taste)
- 10 to 12 Shallots,sliced
- Coconut oil as required
- Salt to taste
For coconut mixture
- 1/2 cup Grated coconut
- 4 to 5 Shallots
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Kashmiri chili powder
- 1/8 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 to 3 small cloves Garlic
- Grind together all the ingredients listed under 'For coconut mixture' to form a coarse paste in a blender or using a mortar and pestle.Set aside until required.
- Heat oil in a pan ,add the mustard seeds and let it splutter.Add the curry leaves,green chili and shallots.Saute until shallots turn translucent.Add the coconut mixture and stir well for about a minute.
- Finally add the moringa leaves and salt to taste.Mix well until combined.Cover and cook for about 5 minutes or until cooked through.Remove the lid and cook stirring continuously for about a minute to remove any lumps formed.Serve with rice.
- 1 cup=250 ml
- Adjust the quantity of green chilies and chili powder according to your taste.