Recipe source:Cakes and more
- All purpose flour- 1 1/2 cup
- Light brown sugar- 1 cup
- Baking soda- 1 tsp
- Baking powder-1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon powder- 1 1/2 tsp
- Salt-1/4 tsp
- Carrot(grated)- 1 to 1 1/2 cups
- Water-3/4 cup
- Vegetable oil-1/2 cup
- Vanilla essence- 2 tsp
- Vinegar-1 tbsp
- Preheat oven to 175 deg C.Line the baking tray with baking paper or use 7 to 8 of these handmade origami paper cake cases like i did(steep by step tutorial included)
- Whisk together all the dry ingredients(ie. all purpose flour,sugar,baking soda,baking powder,cinnamon powder and salt.
- Now add the grated carrot and mix well.Keep aside.
- In another mixing bowl combine all the wet ingredients(ie water,oil,vanilla essence and vinegar.
- Slowly add this to the dry ingredients and mix until combined(Do not over mix)
- Pour into the prepared pan/paper cases.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
They make perfect and delicious Christmas gifts!!