Kerala Prawn Roast-A quick and easy prawn/shrimp appetizer with just few ingredients.
Quick and easy Kerala style prawn roast.
Recipe Source: Plateful,You can find the original recipe here.
Prep Time: 5 minutes .
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Prawns,shelled and deveined- 500 gms
- Water – 2 cups
- Coconut oil – 2tbsp
- Curry leaves-3 to 4 sprigs
- salt- to taste
- Kashmiri chili powder – 3 to 4 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Green chilies,sliced- 1
- Ginger- 1″ piece
- Curry leaves- 1 sprig
- In a blender, add all the ingredients listed under ‘ For masala’ and grind to form a smooth paste adding sufficient quantity of water.
- In a heavy bottomed pan add the masala paste ,water ,prawns and salt to taste.Cook over medium low flame until tender.Now increase the heat , cook ,stirring continuously until the liquid evaporate and the prawns are coated well with the gravy.
- Add the remaining curry leaves and coconut oil.Cook over low heat for few more minutes or until the prawns turn slightly crisp.Serve with rice.
- Adjust the amount of green chilies and Kashmiri chili powder according to your taste.
- I halved the original recipe.
- Click here for more prawn/shrimp recipes.