- Paneer(cubed)-250 gms
- Ginger paste-1/2 tsp
- Garlic paste- 1/2tsp
- Garam masala-1/4 tsp
- Kashmiri chili powder-1 tsp
- Kasuri methi ( dried fenugreek leaves)-1/4 tsp
- Yogurt-3 tbsp
- Lemon juice-1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Onion(medium)-2 nos
- Tomato (small)-2 nos
- Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
- Bay leaf- 1 no
- Ginger (crushed)-1 tsp
- Kashmiri chili powder-1 to 1/2 tsp(according to taste)
- Coriander powder-1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala-1/4 tsp
- Fresh cream-11/2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves chopped-1 tbsp
- Water-3/4 to 1 cup
- Kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves)-1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade.Add paneer pieces and mix carefully and keep aside for 30 minutes.Place this on a greased baking tray and drizzle oil on top .Bake this in a preheated oven (180 deg C) for 15 to 20 minutes,turning sides in between.(or you can shallow fry the paneeer pieces ,turning sides in between)
- In a blender,add chopped onion and tomato and grind to form a smooth paste.Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan ,add cumin seeds and let it splutter.Now add the bay leaf and saute for a few seconds.
- Add ginger ,garlic and tomato- onion paste.Add salt to taste.Saute this over a medium flame for about 15 minutes or until oil separates.
- Reduce the flame to low and add kashmiri chili powder,coriander powder,turmeric powder and garam masala.Saute this for at least 5 minutes(on a low flame)
- Pour 1/2 cup water and mix well.adjust the salt level and bring it to a boil.
- Add the baked paneer cubes and kasuri methi and mix well.
- Add more water if required .Cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Now add cream and mix well.Cook for a minute and turn off the heat.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve with naan or roti.
NOTE:For best results use Homemade garam masala
- Whole wheat flour-1 cup
- All purpose flour-1 cup
- Instant dry yeast-1 tsp
- Lukewarm milk-1/4 cup
- Sugar-2 tsp
- Yogurt-3 tbsp
- Water-1/4 cup(approx)
- Oil-1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Combine yeast,milk and sugar.Mix well and leave aside to rise.
- In a large mixing bowl,combine whole wheat flour,all purpose flour and salt.Make a well in the center and add the yeast mixture,yogurt ,oil and required amount of water to form a soft dough.
- Knead well for at least 5 to 10 minutes.Lightly brush the dough with oil.Cover and keep aside to rise until doubled.
- Lightly dust the working surface with flour.Take the dough and knead it well,and divide it into small balls.Roll each dough ball into thin circle and cut it into two .Slightly pull one side of this disc to form a tear drop shape.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves or minced garlic on one side.And brush the other side with water.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan and place the naan wet side down on the pan (it will stick to the pan)
- Let it cook for few seconds or until you see few small bubbles on top.Carefully tilt the pan upside down onto the flame and cook the naan over direct flame until browned with few dark spots.Remove the naan with a spatula.
- Brush the naan with butter and serve with paneer tikka masala.
RasiFebruary 19, 2012 at 7:17 pm
looks really tempting :).. love all ur clicks.. am so hungry right now !
AmbikaFebruary 19, 2012 at 9:17 pm
The naans look really nice. I recently tried a recipe and loved it. I will try this one also, does this naan have a chewy texture??
RichaFebruary 19, 2012 at 10:47 pm
That tikka masala looks flawless. gorgeeouuus pictures! and i love the wheat in the Naan. It looks so soft and perfectly puffy!
Sangeetha MFebruary 19, 2012 at 11:38 pm
perfect Naan…both curry n naan looks so tempting…loved all your clicks!!
OnGoing Event:Show Me Your HITS~Healthy Delights
PrathibhaSreejithFebruary 20, 2012 at 1:38 am
Perfect made Naan and very tempting tikka masala. All the clicks r beautiful n well captured 🙂
Jeyashris KitchenFebruary 20, 2012 at 2:21 am
nice naans with wheat flour . With paneer tikka masala this will taste yum
HemaFebruary 20, 2012 at 3:13 am
The naans look super soft, very tempting clicks, simply awesome..
Gayathri NGFebruary 20, 2012 at 3:41 am
Tempting n delicious combo, luv the preparation n nice presentation…
RadhikaFebruary 20, 2012 at 3:59 am
Perfect combo and a satiating meal. Lovely clicks – a feast for the eyes.
Sobha ShyamFebruary 20, 2012 at 4:02 am
wow, amazing clicks n presentation…wonderful combo..looks yummy..i too posted paneer tikka today 🙂
Join the Just "4" Fun event 🙂
FaseelaFebruary 20, 2012 at 4:46 am
wow….super presentation and paneer tikka masala and wheat naan luks yummy….lovely dear..
Manju @ Manjus Eating DelightsFebruary 20, 2012 at 4:57 am
I have never seen a dish look so amazing…these pics shud be in some magazine!!
Paneer tikka is my fav and I love it with Naan….beauitfully done n presentation is awesome!
ManjuFebruary 20, 2012 at 5:15 am
toooooooooooooooo goood…..and i will try this on week end :)….
AarthiFebruary 20, 2012 at 6:46 am
This looks totally delicious..
LifewithspicesFebruary 20, 2012 at 7:07 am
perfectly made n beautiful clicks..
farah saleemFebruary 20, 2012 at 9:13 am
My mouth is watering here as i type this comment… Paneer looks amazing! Naans look so soft ! Simply outstanding! Lovely
UnknownFebruary 20, 2012 at 1:27 pm
A grand and delicious combo – ever favorite with all of us – the pictures are captivating!
cookbookjaleelaFebruary 20, 2012 at 1:44 pm
what a gr8 combo , thanks for visit my blog and your comment
Deepthi KRFebruary 20, 2012 at 2:22 pm
Wow what a lovely clicks, looks very professional!!!!
Happy to follow you, kindly stop by mine when you find time!!!
Good Food Recipes
RamyaFebruary 20, 2012 at 2:46 pm
i want this for dinner today…my fave combination…wow…mouthwatering clicks
UnknownFebruary 20, 2012 at 3:21 pm
Looks absolutely tempting and inviting clicks
Vimitha DuraiFebruary 20, 2012 at 4:51 pm
Thats one yummy combination dear… Superb clicks.. Thanks for joining me.. Happy to follow u too..
Suja ManojFebruary 20, 2012 at 5:34 pm
Gorgeous picture,perfectly made..rich and so delicious.
UnknownFebruary 20, 2012 at 8:38 pm
Simply wow n wow…..nothing else to say dear…..I just finished my lunch n started to feel hungry again 🙂
KalyaniFebruary 20, 2012 at 11:41 pm
looks delicious and tempting ……..
SumZFebruary 24, 2012 at 4:03 pm
Superb presentation and fotografy 🙂 I'm a fan!!
UnknownMarch 3, 2012 at 5:24 pm
Gosh life can't get better any better if i could eat them right away YUM!!
Sherly AjiMarch 5, 2012 at 7:32 am
101% Perfect – nothing more to say about your "PANEER TIKKA MASALA"
LizMarch 16, 2012 at 3:03 pm
Oh wow! I made the naan and now have a new go-to recipe. Loved it. I made it with vindaloo and it was just phenomenal:
Nandita PaiJanuary 18, 2013 at 3:22 am
Wow!! So this is the original recipe!! 🙂 So glad to bump into this recipe for wholewheat naan! They look absolutely delightful! One of my non-blogger friend had seen this recipe, tried this and told me about it and since, I have tried it too.. They came out great (though I am yet to master the art of making the naans stick to the pans without them falling over on the flame 😀 ) Lovely pictures!!!
UnknownJanuary 3, 2014 at 9:14 am
Your pictures have made me so hungry. These are some really great clicks I must say. Being a vegetarian, Paneer Tikka masala recipe is one of my favorite recipes and has always been a part of my main course when I have my meals out of home. Never thought it could be made at home so easily.
Manisha MalhotraApril 12, 2014 at 11:26 am
Nice photographs make it easy to cook fast and easily. Thanks for sharing such a good recipe.
Laura HagerOctober 16, 2014 at 6:53 pm
I can't wait to try making this! It looks amazing!