Badam Halwa-Learn how to prepare quick ,easy and delicious badam halwa with just few ingredients.
- 1 cup Almonds,whole
- 3/4 to 1 cup Sugar ( see notes)
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 pinch Saffron strands
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Ghee
- 1 pinch Kesari colour(optional ,see notes)
- Soak the almonds in hot water for about 1 hour.Peel the Almonds and set aside.
- In a blender add peeled almonds,sugar,milk and saffron.Grind to form a slightly coarse paste.
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a pan,add the almond paste and kesari colour .Cook for few minutes over medium flame,stirring continuously .
- Once it turns slightly thick ,add 2 tbsp ghee and stir well until it is completely absorbed.Repeat this step until all the ghee is used up.Cook stirring continuously until the halwa starts to leave the sides of the pan.Transfer to a serving dish.Garnish with saffron strands and almond flakes.
- Adjust the sweetness according to your taste.
- Here I have used a pinch of turmeric powder instead of the Kesari colour and it works perfectly, without affecting the flavour of the halwa .
- If you prefer soft, melt in the mouth consistency make sure you add 3/4 cup ghee.Use only 1/2 cup ,if you prefer to reduce the quantity of ghee.
- Store in an airtight container in a refrigerator for upto a week.
- Click here for homemade ghee recipe.